One of the most influential things in our life is our attitude. A negative attitude can make life seem dull, monotonous, and just plain boring. People with negative attitudes typically never have anything nice to say. All of that negative energy can make everything that they touch seem like a waste. Does this sound like anyone you know?
Compare this to someone with a positive attitude. People who exude positive energy are generally more pleasant, willing, courteous, and kind. They make people feel good just by being around. You may even get a bit envious, and want a little bit of their sunshine. They help make life special.
If you do not already have a fabulous outlook on life, try these little tricks to start to change...for the better:
1. Be grateful for all of the good things in your life, and even what may seem bad. As the saying goes, things could always be worse! Even the Bible tells us to be content in whatever state we find ourselves in.
2. Smile, sometimes there is something magical about a smile. It can warm up even the most cynical people. Smiling, even when you are not happy, can help you to stay focused on being positive. Sometimes you have to "fake it until you make it."
3. Do something for you. It doesn't have to be some big, grand retreat or jet-set getaway. Maybe just having a new flavor of ice cream or trying a new perfume is enough. Whatever generally makes you happy, do it.
4. Think of all the good in your life. Meditating on our lives and the good things can make us appreciate the positive experiences that we have already had and look forward to the future.
5. Exercise! Doing something physical will get your blood flowing and endorphins going. Endorphins are believed to improve mood.
6. Give compliments. Seeing the good in others is something that many people struggle with. However, when you see the good in others, many times, they will reciprocate and find something good to say about you. It's a win-win for everyone! Try it.
7. Offer love. It's hard to give love when you are always negative. Give someone a hug or send someone else a nice little token of love to make their day special. You will feel wonderful about it. It can become a good habit to get into.
8. Learn from your experiences both good and bad. If things didn't go the way you wanted them to at some point, don't get frustrated or bitter. Remember, everything in our life happens for a reason. Our experiences can be a positive if we learn from them.
9. Pray. When you pray, you can thank God and learn to appreciate all that He can be in your life. By praying and being thankful in all things, having a grateful attitude can become automatic.
These are just a few ways for you to keep your outlook on life positive in all types of trials and ups and downs that we all face. Your life is what you make it. Be good and it can be good for you. The choice is up to you. What do you want from your life?
1. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
2. Don't have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
3. Don't over do; keep your limits.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously; no one else does.
5. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
6. Dream more while you are awake
7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
8. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner of his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present
11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you
12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
13. Smile and laugh more
14. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. Community:
15. Call your family often
16. Each day give something good to others
17. Forgive everyone for everything
18. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
19. Try to make at least three people smile each day
20. What other people think of you is none of your business
21. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch. Life:
22. Put GOD first in anything and everything that you think, say and do.
23. GOD heals everything
24. Do the right things
25. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
26. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
27. The best is yet to come
28. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful
29. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it
30. If you know GOD you will always be happy. So, be happy. While you practice all of the above, share this knowledge with the people you love, people you school with, people you play with, people you work with and people you live with.Not only will it enrich YOUR life, but also that of those around you
Start blogging by creating a new post. You can edit or delete me by clicking under the comments. You can also customize your sidebar by dragging in elements from the top bar.